Few weeks back I finally got some time to do the final assembly tasks on the Firefox EP200. I was in too much hurry to try it out and assumed that it would fly the first time despite the tuning. The thing I forgot was the fact that I had never flown a RC model Heli. The first start indicated that instead of pushing air down the main rotor was pusing air up, forcing the heli down, when the throttle was increased.
The second try was fatal, the heli toppled and the main rotor hit the ground, breaking the main rotor assmbly, and damaging the shaft and main gear. Now I had to order the replacement parts before It could fly agian. Investignating what was wrong I found that one of the servo’s needed to be reversed, and my throttle curve settings were wrong, I should have read about how to adjust the controls of a heli before crashing. 😦 now too late.
Anyway yesterday the replacement parts arrived, and I’m going to fix it in the first instance I get some free time. This time it will not be tested on the ground, instead on my heli test pad. Hope it will fly this time.